Google Meme due November 9, 2018
Google is leveraging its powerful image search to enter the market for meme generation. Demonstrate how a standalone product might work following Material Design.
- Work in a pair
- 2 days
- Material Design docs
- Material Sketch template
- High Fidelity mockups of 4–6 screens
- Presentation of iterations and final proposal.
- You’ll have to make some quick assumptions in order to get started on this project. Acknowledge the assumptions by creating a a proto-persona.
- Make several variations on your design before deciding on a direction. Ask for feedback and input from your colleagues!
- Be careful not to rely too much on symbols while exploring design concepts. When you get closer to a confident final design, start cleaning up your document with a system of symbols and well-named layer groups.
- Use the Material Design Theme
Presentation (6 minutes)
Your presentation should answer the following questions:
- What variations on your design did you explore?
- How does your design reflect the guidance in the Material Design documentation?
- What would you do differently next time?
If you have time, string together some of your screens into a working prototype. Make it even more realistic by adding some animations!
Extra Extra Mile
Show how this feature might integrate with Google Image Search on the desktop website.